Something smells over at the City Of Cleveland's Division Of Water, and it isn't Lake Erie Perch...
In January of this year 2009, I received my quarterly water and sewer bills in the mail, just like I had for the past 12 years in my current University Heights residence. Imagine my surprise when upon opening them, they were over 700% higher than they had ever been in all the years I was at this residence.
* Update, January 2010. New Year. More erroneous bills.
(Not this again!)
* Update, April 2011. So far, we're recieving $200.00 + bills every quarter. That's almost 100% more than we were paying a year ago. That's so wrong. On so many levels.
The Cleveland Water Department wants to increase rates 82 percent over the next 41/2 years for city residents and around 50 percent for suburban customers.
Mayor Frank Jackson's administration presented the proposed rates to City Council on Monday.The legislation is scheduled to be introduced Monday and is expected to draw criticism from suburban mayors who are angry about chronic billing and customer-service problems.To address falling revenues and declining consumption, the water department is proposing to make the bulk of the increase a fixed fee charged to all customers regardless of how much water they use.
Someone send our fantastic Mayor a letter or 2,000, will you please. We did.
In 2009, The City Of Cleveland's Division Of Water billed me $785.00
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District billed me $616.00
Grand Total- $1401.00
- This craziness started over in 2010. Again. (Good thing I saved my files!)
- My household consists of 3 people.
- Something really smells here, folks, and I am not the only one plugging my nostrils.
Here's how you can help get the word out about this consumer rip-off;
This has the potential to be Social Media at it's best!
Let's get our erroneous water bills corrected. We can not just lay down, Cleveland!
- Blog about it
- Put it on Twitter
- Add it to Facebook
- Add this site's link to your blog/site
- Digg it
- Stumble it
- Make Sure The Water Department sees this site
- Send the link to your local officials
- Send it to Mayor Jackson
What Do They Think We Are? Dumb Mullets?
Together, we can drive them nuts, and get our bills corrected!
(Heck...they're driving us nuts, right?)
Be The Change. Become your own boss in a sustainable business. Click The Sun!